Monday, July 11, 2005

So much for the neat studio



Last week I dyed some fabric, restraining myself to only one yellow, one red, and one blue. I wanted the results to be varieties of gold, green, brown, so I had alot of yellow, and only a little red and a little blue. Then I printed on some of the pieces with thermofax screens. You can see a sample of one of the pieces in the third photo. But this is what the rest of the table looks like. Boxes of fabric paints, silkscreens, slides and notebooks, entry forms, packing tape, ads from the newspaper, notebook, etc. etc. etc.





I seem to be back to the 2 square feet of working space.



I've got something up on the design wall but it's not ready for public consumption at this point. I'm using these fabrics that I just created and red. What a surprise.

3 comments:

Gerrie said...

Ahhhh! I feel better now, knowing that you are creating and making a mess of the neat studio!!

gabrielle said...

This is the normal state of my studio..always trying to find some space to work...but for not it is very clean for filming of another dvd....by Monday it should be back to creative clutter...

teri springer said...

A clean studio is a sign of an empty mind.....I suspect that, like a lot of us, by the time the creative frenzy wears off (sometimes quite late at night) you are just too exhausted to clean up. I am SO looking forward to having a space outside the house so I can create until all hours without disturbing the rest of the family (and I look forward to school starting so I can sleep without a teen bugging me to make lunch or drive him to a friend's house....but I will miss his input...he's my 2nd biggest fan). I think I will have to have a cot in my studio (like Edison had in his office) so I can cat nap when I run out of steam.

teri