Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bits of stuff

I just got Nancy Crow's newest book in the mail. It's pretty spectacular - pictures of her work and journal entries that accompany the pieces. I find it so interesting to see how people work - each person has worked out her own process (hopefully one that works pretty well) and tailored it to fit her work. Here is the link to Amazon if you would like to check it out.


There is a new blog for art quilt reviews. The intent is to present an objective view of both the good and bad points of art quilt shows. Too often we all work at being too nice and don't want to say anything negative. That's a counterproductive attitude because how are we ever going to improve if we don't look at ourselves honestly? Check it out: Art Quilt Reviews

And lastly - the Purdue commission is finished, packed, and shipped. I talk about this piece in some of my May postings: Where does the time go? I'm not ready to post an image yet because I want the Purdue people to see it before it's put on display here and on my web page. In a week or so I'll put it up.