Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Excellent News!

Today the Maryland State Arts Council released the names of the Individual Artist Award Winners for 2012. I am thrilled to announce that I have won an award. I entered my work in the Crafts category which is described as "Functional and Non-Functional Crafts: Ceramics, Glass, Wood, Metal, Fiber, Textiles and Recycled
Materials". I know several of the other winners are fiber artists, but most of the names are unfamiliar. I will need to do some research.

This is Knots, one of the pieces I submitted for jurying. It's a small piece, about 24" x 24". Currently it's on display at the Ratner Museum in Bethesda. I wrote about this in my previous post.





Right now I'm sitting here with a patch over one eye, having had cataract surgery this morning. It's weird having an eye operated on and being awake while it's happening. They numbed up my eye so I couldn't see out of it and also couldn't feel anything. A very strange feeling, to be sure. I'll take the patch off soon and see the doctor tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed....

11 comments:

Linda Strowbridge said...

Congratulations Cathy! That's awesome news! And I hope your eye feels much better very soon and you get great benefits from the surgery.

Gerrie said...

You will be so happy with the surgery result! And, congrats on the award. Love the piece you submitted.

Judi D. said...

I'm so excited about your award! Well deserved, too! Glad the surgery went well!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award! Thinking of you as your eye heals and hoping for a quick recovery:D. Candy

Lisa Call said...

Congratulations!

Well deserved!

Hope your eye heals quickly.

Vivien Zepf said...

Congratulations, Cathy, on the award. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Dale Anne Potter said...

CONGRATULATIONS Cathy!
Hope your eye feels better soon.

TALL GIRL said...

Congratulations Cathy! This is a gorgeous piece. Re: cataract surgery...it will rock your world. I had both done in 2010 and now the only glasses I wear are drugstore cheaters.

The Idaho Beauty said...

That IS excellent news! And good luck on the surgery - I've heard that it will give back the brightness to your world.

Karen Brown said...

Fantastic news. Congrats. This is really becoming a banner year for you. Take care in your healing.

TALL GIRL said...

I've been allocated 5 sites to award a Lieber award for inspiration and interest... I love your blog, so I think you should have one.
Please check back to my blog to receive your award and pass it on..it appears legit!