Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Two Shows

I have a good excuse for not posting lately. Besides working hard at QSDS, I have been preparing for 2 upcoming shows. Both of these shows are invitationals, which I find highly flattering. The first is a solo show at the Jonal Gallery in Columbia, Pennsylvania. This is a cute little town located on Route 30 on the east side of the Susquehanna River. If you ever went to the big quilt shows in Lancaster by way of York, you drove right by Columbia just after crossing the river.

The show at Jonal begins on June 22 with an opening reception from 5 - 9 pm. I will be giving an artist talk and presentation on Thursday, July 12, from 7 - 9 pm. At this show I will have most of the 12"x12" Scribble series plus a few older works.



Scribble #5 ©2012

The other exhibit is located at the Strathmore in North Bethesda, Maryland. It is titled Inform/Reform and I will be one of several artists exhibiting. This show begins Saturday, June 30 and extends through Saturday, August 18, 2012. The opening reception is Thursday, July 12, from 7 - 9 pm and if this date and time sound familiar, it's because it is the same time as my talk at Jonal. I wish I could be in 2 places at once, but that's not going to be possible. But I will be at the Public Talk 'n' Tours on Saturday, July 14. 


Divide by Red ©2012
27" x 25.5"

Check the web sites of these galleries for times and directions. Hope to see lots of you at one or both of these exhibits!