Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Almost there

The end is in sight (just in time for the end of the world...). Needs the bathroom fixtures and my work sink and cabinets. The plumbing needs to be hooked up. But it's really looking good and I'm really eager to get moving in.


The floor is linoleum. A real wood floor would be lovely, but I do not want to have to be careful with the paints and the dyes. My current studio has a rug and it has been highly decorated with spilled paints and hidden pins. 



The view on October 25.


From the same spot today. The earlier view is from before we decided to add the powder room. I regret loosing the space, but in the long run, having the facilities close by is a better choice. There will be a chair and  end table and such comfy stuff in the yellow alcove. It will be a nice place to sit and contemplate my good fortune.



And looking back towards the stairwell. That very long wall on the right measures 18 feet and I'm going to cover 4 4x8 sheets of insulation with white fleece and it will become the design wall.  We're really getting down to the nitty gritty stuff at the end of the project. I have so much stuff located in so many places around the house that it's going to take a massive effort to relocate everything into the studio. I sure hope there is room for everything.