Tuesday, April 12, 2005

New thread!

I received an order of thread from Superior yesterday and have done a little testing. It's wonderful thread! Here are some samples using the Perfect Quilter 17wt cotton thread and the King Tut 40wt Egyptian cotton thread.





The yellow swirls on the left are the Perfect Quilter. The other swirls are with King Tut, but using a zig-zag stitch to do the quilting.




A little hard to see, but again, this is the zig zag free motion quilting. All I can say is that I wish I had ordered more colors. Guess I will be sending another order in real soon!

I also ordered some metallics and some of the Bottom Line (a very fine bobbin thread) which I've used before and love.

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

I love this thread! And I have the Bottom Line on Cones - it is the best! The King Tut quilts like buttah!

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

I love the SUPERIOR threads. I'm ordering some of their invisible thread today. I haven't tried their brand, but have been using invisible threads in my bobbin for machine quilting for years.

Their Trilobal poly threads are great also. I have been using the fluorescent colors (they don't really glow in your quilt, but you get a lot of color from the thread) and recently purchased Hollis Chatelain's complete set.

The poly thread doesn't shread like the rayon Sulky when machine quilting for hours on end. I hardly ever have any breaks.

I will try the King Tut on my next quilt that is already pinned.

teri springer said...

Thanks Cathy!! You should be a spokesperson for them!!

BTW, "Indian Summer" arrived safe and sound!!

teri

Scrapmaker said...

Thanks for sharing, its good to know its worth the bit of extra money. Jen

Rayna said...

Nice stitching, Cathy. Do you think this thread will help ME? Probably not...