Friday, November 21, 2008

Quilt National 2009

Lookee here! You can pre-order the Quilt National 2009 catalog from Amazon.



I thought that my quilt would be perfect for the cover, but apparently it wasn't. I don't know whose quilt that is but congratulations for being the cover girl!

My husband and I were going to drive up to Syracuse this weekend to visit family and see Quilts=Art=Quilts at the Schweinfurth Memorial Art Museum in Auburn but the weather is not cooperating. A winter storm warning is predicted with up to 12" of snow. The weather service issued a very strongly worded warning which included this: If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. All in caps. Got me convinced, we're staying home.

3 comments:

Gerrie said...

Oh, bummer. I would have loved a first hand report on the show. Your quilt arrived yesterday. I like it even better in person. The purple was not reading purple and I really love it.

Cathy Kleeman said...

We're going to try again in 2 weeks, after that I lose my free room and board. I'm really glad you like your new quilt! It would be awful if you didn't.

Anonymous said...

Cathy, I was at the Schweinfurth last weekend and I can attest to your work being one of the favorites! I could barely tear myself away from it, electric, magnetic, fabulous. Great exhibit, great weekend in Auburn, hankering to go again, try not to miss it. You will want to see the exhibit at the Cayuga and the Tiffany window original installation where the docent will tell you about the Willard Case Memorial Chapel, the only surviving Louis Comfort Tiffany chapel in the world, WHAT AN UNEXPECTED TREAT! Hours can be difficult to see this so contact them ahead of your plans. TAKE CAMERA! Keep on making absolutely drop dead gorgeous works of art for me to drool over! Kindest regards, Debbie Bein