Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Upcoming Show

Last summer at QSDS I had the good luck to sit next to Anita Kaplan and Leslie Rego. These two were long time friends but I had never met them. They were fascinated with the surface design stuff that I was doing and asked many questions. I gave them a paint flinging demonstration, showed them the thermofax screens I had made, and talked about deconstructed screen printing. They were like sponges and soaked up everything and wanted more. Later on that summer I flew out to Sun Valley, Idaho and to share the how-tos of these techniques. I blogged about it here.

Last Fall Anita had a brainstorm and contacted Leslie, me, and Carol Larson for an invitational exhibit in the town where she lives. With alot of work on Anita's part, the show is going to happen starting next month. Here is the postcard.



The show is at The Sea Ranch Lodge and runs from March 6 through April 1. Opening Reception is Friday, March 6 from 5pm to 7pm. The Sea Ranch is located about 100 miles north of San Francisco, right on the ocean. (Did you know that Google Maps is now showing ocean floor stuff? Very cool.) I would love to attend the opening, but I'm afraid that a cross country airplane ride is not in my future. But I hope that lots of you who live nearby will take the time to visit.