Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Miracle of Modern Medicine or...

did I beam onto the USS Enterprise in Star Trek? Last night I had emergency surgery for appendicitis. Less than 24 hours later I am home. It was diagnosed early enough (did I say my husband is a physician?) and so it was relatively quick and uncomplicated. I have three holes and a sore belly, but I can move around and eat fairly normally. No driving for a bit, which puts a crimp in my life right now. And I won't be able to use my boogie board when we go to the ocean next week.

Sorry, no pictures....

6 comments:

Brienne said...

Glad to hear they fixed you up so fast!

Brienne

Joanie San Chirico said...

wow surprise! Glad it was fixed immediately, thanks Jim!

Rayna said...

Being married to a doc does have its benefits! Amazing what they can do now - I was in the hosp. for 2 wks with my appendix 50 years ago. Glad you are feeling well enough to go to the ocean next week.

Cheryl said...

Hope you feel 100% soon!

TALL GIRL said...

No pictures?! What kind of artist are you, anyway? Glad to hear hubby caught your appendix (early) and you are on the mend.

Zanny said...

Oh my god. How scary. I am glad you are OK.

Susanne Clawson