Thursday, October 25, 2012

First Views

Climbed the ladder for my first good look at the studio. Good thing I'm not very tall because those doors into the storage areas are pretty short. The slanted roof makes it difficult to make them any higher. But look at all that nice storage space.

Looking towards the stairwell. The contractor convinced me to install a powder room. We had already planned the rough in for plumbing in case future owners wanted to install a bathroom, but I guess it's a good idea to do it now. I won't be giving up too much space and I won't have to leave to use the potty.



Looking down the stairwell.

Below is a sketch of where the powder room will be located. Along the wall to the right will be my work sink and cabinets.


And just now a very long truck pulled up with the shingles for the roof. The plan is to install all the shingles before we feel any effects from Hurricane Sandy. Which I hope heads far out to sea long before it gets this far north.