Thursday, July 27, 2006

Leftover dyes

I dyed all the silk but still had dyes left, so I pulled out the cotton and dyed that. I had to mix up more yellow - I always run out of yellow even though I mix up extra right off the bat. It seems that everything needs some yellow.



The bottom piece (not the white but the pinky-mauvy one) was dyed with the remains of the dyes. I rinsed out the bottle and dumped it on the fabric. Amazing that so little dye still has an effect. It's mostly reddish because I had already rinsed out the yellow and blue bottles and added that to other colors.

I've mixed up some gelatin for a plate and tomorrow the plan is to print on some of these fabrics. They need more visual texture for the piece that I have planned. I altered some photos that I took while in Oregon, changing their colors and applying some other Photoshop filters to make them abstract and these will be the idea behind the next few pieces. At least that's the plan for now.

No comments: