Sunday, March 13, 2005

Quilting



Here is the quilting. The background is a simple grid. The circles are bobbin stitched with a pearl cotton size 12 thread. The blue (above) is some that I dyed myself. The gold (below) was purchased from Valdani threads.



On the circles I've added some extra fabric pieces to make them do a little spiraling. To finish the edges I will probably just do a zig zag all around the outside. I want to leave the red background strips sticking out beyond the edge, as long as they don't sag.

Also, I've uploaded a picture of me. Believe it or not, it's a passport picture. Better than the previous ones, for sure.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh I'm so glad you are going to leave the red sticking out! I was going to post that suggestion, but at the time the comment command was not working. But of course, in your creative brilliance, you needed my suggestion not. Great work!

Gerrie said...

When you do the bobbin work on the circles, how do you mark the circles so that you know where to do the quilting?

Love the way this looks! I am very partial to the grid layout.

Cathy Kleeman said...

The grid work was quilted first so that when I turned it over, the empty spaces were where the circles were. I just freemotioned quilted filling up the circle area.

Gerrie said...

I thought that might be the process. I am doing a piece that will require some bobbin work because I want to use heavier thread. Thanks.

Maggie said...

You're quilting is absolutely beautiful!!! I'm just beginning my first.