Thursday, June 16, 2005

Lots of color!


Small, about 12" x 12"

Been too busy to post to this blog! We've been painting, smooshing, inking, whatever. I never realized gloss medium had so many uses; it's the glue that holds everything together. It's difficult to get it off your hands after it dries and if you've been using it with paint, your hands take on that color also. My yellow and red hands have been rather alarming.

These pieces are still works in progress. We're really building them up layer upon layer, making ink marks, applying ink stained papers, applying painted/decorated silk, xerox copies, stamp marks. Everything is fair game and nothing gets thrown away. And is it ever messy!




This one is about 2' x 3'.





This one is about 18" x 24".

5 comments:

lizzieb said...

Great lines and marks, Cathy! I love working with medium...I can peel it off my fingers for hours! These are really looking nice and obviously you are having a great time!

Liz said...

I really like these...

Is gloss medium the same as acrylic gel medium? All these mediums have me confused!!

teri springer said...

Well....I KNEW there was a reason I bought that gel medium when Wheaton's was closing it's west side store. great stuff, Cathy and it sure looks like fun.

teri

Gerrie said...

Wow, does this look like fun. I'm loving whatever it is you are doing!

SCquiltaddict said...

Did you use the gel medium to transfer the xerox copies? We used to do that with magazine photos when I was in college in art classes for collage of course...cool looking stuff...
Maggie in sc...