Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good year so far

I finished up 2010 with entries to 3 shows: the QSDS Happiness:Quilted Expressions, SAQA's Volusia Wrapped in Fiber, and National Fiber Directions in Wichita. I've heard back from the first two with acceptances in both, one piece for QSDS and two pieces for Volusia. This, plus a sale through the ArtFul Home (fingers crossed that the buyer doesn't return the piece), is making for a good start to 2011.

I'm particularly pleased that my very large piece Graffiti will get another chance to be displayed. The prospectus for Volusia stated that the galleries have high ceilings and wide wall spans. Graffiti, aka "Too wide for Quilt National" is 130" wide. You can read about that little episode here and see a picture. This other piece that was selected is titled Looking Out

Looking Out
©2009



These two pieces will be on display at The Gateway Center for the Arts in DeBary, Florida from February 15 through April 2.

The QSDS show will be from May 5 through July 10 at the Riffe Gallery in downtown Columbus. At least I will have something in Ohio during Quilt National time.

Life Lines
©2009

I hope to hear about the Wichita show next week as they said the notification date would be January 31.

It's snowing here now, great big fat flakes and it's a wet snow so I expect to see tree branches coming down soon.