Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Snow!

Last night we had the first significant snow of the season. There is about 4" accumulated on the grassy areas, but the pavements are clear. They were out salting but also it's not been cold enough for the snow to stick to the roads. Anyhow, around here, all we need to have is a forecast of snow for everybody to go into panic mode. People run to the grocery store to hoard white stuff: bread, milk, and toilet paper. I can sort of understand bread and milk, but toilet paper? Doesn't one usually have more than a few days supply of toilet paper??? So yesterday the schools all closed early and today they started 2 hours late, so they still had the opportunity to close if they thought it necessary (i.e. a slick spot on a road somewhere). I grew up in Chicago and we never got off from school because of snow.



This is the view from the picture windows in my living room. As you can see, it's not very much snow, but it's pretty on the trees and bushes.


Another view. By this afternoon it will mostly be gone from the bushes and melted away.

I've enlarged one of the slot canyon views to 8" x 10" and have cut templates and put the fabrics together. Today I plan to put stitching on it. I don't like doing templates but I can't see any way around it if I want to get the effect I'm aiming for. Time to get back to work.