Wednesday, June 18, 2008

QSDS Report 2

This is Day 5 of the 9 day class. We spent the morning doing a class critique where each person talked about her work and received feedback. A quick lunch followed by student slides, followed by some class presentations on other artists. Each person in class was responsible for doing a report on another fiber artist. Finally we were able to get back to work. This is what I have been working on. If you look carefully you can see that I've sliced the work and stitched it back together several times. It is noticeable in the blocks in the body of the work. I intended to do some screen printing on this but discovered that I had left my paint extender at home and I needed it. A kind soul in the class offered to drive me to Dick Blick's where I was able to find a suitable substitute. This piece now has more layers of paint but I didn't take a picture of it yet. That will be tomorrow.



This is the work on the rest of my board. I wrote the Wednesday note because I'm having a difficult time keeping track of the days, as are my classmates. One day blurs into the next. I decided that of the six windows pieces the one with the purple background stills needs work. So I've added more paint to that also. Picture tomorrow or whenever.


Thanks for the comments, everybody. I'm having a great time but I'm really tired by 9pm. I left the classroom but there were still several people down there working. I need my beauty sleep.

Tomorrow is the bus tour so we will loose another afternoon of work. But maybe the break will be good and we will be inspired by all the great art we're going to see.